I've had a bit of a struggle with this post. I tried using Google Docs and it all went to custard! So, after a bit of a patch job repairing it we're back in business. Apologies, Anthea for the long time it took! All the pictures are clickable again if you want to view large ones. Remember to click the 'Back' button to return. Happy viewing.
▲Looking into the front gate from the shared drive.
The Wood Seniors have a large property tucked away snugly down a long ROW in a small village just south of Paddock Wood called Matfield. You will recall that we popped round briefly soon after our arrival. This time we were also able to enjoy a guided tour of Shirley's delightful and snug little home that is attached in a sort of wing from the main house. She has her own private garden with a very nice aspect and it all looks very comfortable. We enjoyed a cup of coffee there while Jonathan checked out the technology problems.


◄The front door into Peter & Phyllis's home ◄Peter, Linda, Shirley (standing) & Phyllis


◄Barbara in earnest conversation! ▲You can see Shirley's front door open on the RHS of Peter & Phyllis's.


◄ LHS stairs just inside the foyer of Peter & Phyllis's Home. ◄RHS stairway just inside the foyer.


◄French doors into Peter & Phyllis's lounge ▲Jonathan gets the Chequerd Flag!
▼Looking from the front across the lawn in front of the lounge windows.


◄There's a lot of lawn to mow...




◄Peter, Linda & Phyllis ◄Peter: I'm sorry this is not a better photo -my Treo let me down!

◄The Wood's home and Shirley's home on the RHS. ▼
◄Welcome to my home! Shirley at her front door.
The photos following ▲Shirley's kitchen. Me, in the pink sitting on a pink couch in a pink room, tickled pink! More pink in Shirley's home. Another room in Shirley's house. Shirley at the back door.
Back with Peter & Phyllis I plagued them and Shirley with photos on my Treo of Isabella Rose and the fam back home -all of which they graciously endured. Dawn's visit was remembered and memories refreshed with the photos. Barbara discussed investment and share market strategy with her Uncle and they all reminisced about times past. Following are photos of our visit I hope you will enjoy.

▲Looking from Shirley's back garden towards the two houses. ◄The view down the drive as we take our leave of this lovely hideaway.
The following two photos show some homes J&L have owned in Paddock Wood over the years.
To check on Paddock Wood and Matfield click this link to Google Maps
and be prepared to play with the zoom as Matfield, south of Paddock Wood, is reluctant to show up unless you get the zoom just right. It is, after all, a very small place.
Keeping you posted from 12,000 miles, We love you all heaps, J&B in the UK.
4 comments:
Hi Guys,
Enjoying the photo's. John is there any way we can enlarge the one's from Uncle Peter's home - it would be nice to see things in more details - but don't worry if that is too hard.
The weather looks wonderful - it is getting old here so enjoy.
Love
Anthea
Thanks, Anthea. Yep, I'll give it a whirl. I ran into trouble using Google Docs. I won't use them again. For some reason the click and enlarge function failed with them.
J&L say "Hi!" and send their love. Barbara also says "Hi!".
John
Finally, corrections made! I'll take a break now, I think, for a wee while! Love to all, John
Hi John & Barbara
Good to see all these photos. It brings back good memories of the times I have been to Phylis & Peters place - quite a few years ago now. I have also stayed in Jonathans little white house shown in the photos when I was there in '99.
I am typing this at 1.20 am in the morning after coming back in from working late. I am going to donate tonights earnings to China for the earthquake relief as the work was unexpected.
I see you read my little essay on the American War of Independence. I wrote that as a guest blogger on a blog in Texas. Got a comment thread of over 70 which was a bit of fun. I decided to start another blog for my political and historical thoughts separate to my Active Survival one and posted it there also. Actually you are the only person who seemed to 'enjoy' it.
Post a Comment